Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A selfish year

Introspection: The act of looking within one's self

Every year I promise myself to learn something new starting in December.  At first, I thought next year, I'll learn how to spin, but instead I decided to learn something different and more difficult: Selflessness.

My biggest fault, is my first and foremost thought is always myself.  I am not vain, proud, or conceited, merely self-centered.  I know I'm not the best, smartest, prettist, biggest, brightest, fastest, tallests, whateverest, but I think that everyone should notice me, put me first, hear my story first, listen to my words the most often, and get me things.   Even when I do things for others, I'm really doing it for myself, so I'm noticed, so I'm thought to be kind-hearted and giving, so people will like me despite my ackward sigh backword ways.

I'm going to try to correct that next year although by that very trying I realize that I might be conteracting the very goal I'm trying to achieve.  Yet I will try in hopes that eventually I will no longer have to try and maybe, maybe, just maybe I can stop trying so hard in everything I do.

My goals for next year are (in no particular order):

1.) To fullfill my promises to others:
    a.) Knit my mom the cardigan I promised her last year
   b.) knit the socks I recently promised my mom's best friend
  c.) Knit the socks my sister keeps asking for

2.) Regain contact with old friends including my sister

3.) Spend my time wisely so I no longer spend so much time for myself
a.) Less time on the internet
b.) More time on the house
c.) Less time on relaxing
d.) More time with family

4.) Listen first, speak later or not at all....a particularly hard one for me

5.) Knit, crochet, or craft only for others (save to finish the project for me currently on the needles)

6.) Finish everything unfinished

7.) Spend less time in my room, more downstairs with people rather then books

8.) Read no fiction books next year (this will be very very hard for me, as I love to read)

9.) Keep things decent and in order

10.) To stop thinking about myself and think about others...

No comments:

Post a Comment